Burmese (Myanmar) Community and Cultural Center
The Burmese (Myanmar) Community Center (BMCCC) Committee was formed in 2011 under the guidance of BYA to organize the continuous fundraisers and campaign activities to make this dream happen as soon as we can.
We people, from the country of Burma / Myanmar - which include Kachin, Karen, Karenni, Chin, Mon, Burman, Arakanese, Shan, and others - seek to have a culture and service resource center, where we can share our commonalties, teach our heritage to our children, preserve our culture, showcase our festivals and, importantly, teach, learn and share how to face the challenges and language hurdles in order to participate and integrate into the American fabric.
- To improve access to and success in high quality education
- To promote community unity
- To serve as an information hub
- To preserve and promote culture
Programs to be offered
- Tutoring classes for refugees and low income kids
- Burmese language classes
- Traditional dance and instruments classes
- Mobile Consulate for Myanmar visa Education and career counseling
- Vocational education and training Citizenship exam preparation
- Speaker series of inspirational people related to Burma Hosting community events
BYA successfully organized the three fundraisers for a first Burmese (Myanmar) Community and Cultural Center (BMCCC) of Northern California together with the San Francisco Bay Area Burmese Community. The first fundraiser was on Aug 9, 2009. The second one was on July 9, 2011. The third one was on May 27, 2012. The fourth one was on May 26, 2013. The 5th fundraiser is coming up on May 25, 2014 at the Kennedy Park, Union City. It will also be the celebration of Burmese New Year Water Festival. Please refer to this page for more information. So far, we have raised approximately $26,000 for the Community Center establishment.